[pb_row background="image" image="images/rsz_petofi2.png" stretch="cover" position="center center" paralax="no" parallax_scroll="no" border_width_value_="0" border_style="solid" border_color="#000" width_unit="%" div_padding_top="10" div_padding_right="10" div_padding_bottom="10" div_padding_left="10" ][pb_column span="span12"][pb_text width_unit="%" enable_dropcap="no" appearing_animation="fade_in" appearing_animation_speed="slow" ]
The chronicle of our school, institutional changes
Our history between 1948 and 2004
Our school yearbook which was published in 1994 gave an overview of the history of both the Patőfi Sándor Secondary Grammar School and Healthcare Technical School and the history of its legal predecessors. In order to get a complete overview of the history of our institute even if we are not familiar with the yearbook published before, we must refer to the period between 1948 and 1994.
The legas predecessor of our school is the Ranolder Institute founded in 1864 which belonged to the Convent of the Irgalmas Nővérek (Sisters of Mercy). Founded by János Ranolder , the bishop of Veszprém, before the nationalization in 1948, the institute functioned as elementary school, kindergarten, all-girls civil school, training school for primary school teachers and secondary grammar school for girls. After the nationalization its roman Catholic Secondary Grammar section and teacher training section continued to function becoming the first all girls secondary school.
In the first few years, the nationalized school remained in the old convent building. At that time, the teaching staff consisted of 9 regular teachers and some other teachers who were paid by the hour. For twenty year until his retirement the legendary Andor Bulla was headmaster of the institute. Four year after the nationalization the institute received a new name and became Zrinyi Irona National Comprehensive Secondary School for Girls.
1952 ushered fundamental changes in the education of Pápa. The renowned Reformed College which was under the supervision of the Transdanubian Division of the Calvinist Church was nationalized –this also meant that it ceased to exist for forty years and its teachers, equipment and the building was divided between several other schools.